Advanced Set 2 Planning: Vowels ie oe & Split Digraphs i_e o_e
Activities in Advanced Set 2 include:
- learning the vowel sounds ie (as in pie) and oe (as in toe)
- exploring letter shapes and their variations
- looking at letters in the context of words
- learning how to convert a word with a digraph into a split digraph
- discussing words that can be made with the letters children have learned
- having a go at forming Word Lines including making split digraphs
- writing words on Word Maker sheets
Details on how to order Advanced Set 2 are here.
Advanced Set 1 is also included in the Complete Advanced Phonics Set.
Note this is intended to be a simplified introduction to split digraphs for younger children. For a more thorough resource with more detailed guidance and multiple examples please see the full version of the Split Digraph Wizard (particularly suitable for Year 1)