Expected Set 7: qu.x.nk.ng
Introducing consonant blends: qu.nk and the phonemes: x.ng
This is Set 7 of the expected level for the Foundation Stage.
After this set children will have been introduced to all of the consonants. The letters in this set are very interesting. Children will also learn to make their first blend.
- Exploration of the sounds including mouth shapes
- Breakdown of the letter shapes
- Variations of letter shapes for print and handwriting
- Examples of words that can be made using only phonemes that have been previously taught
- Discussion prompts about using those words in spoken sentences
- Word Line activity
- Letter Sound and Shape sheets for interventions and support
- Flashcards with sound symbols
- Word Maker sheets
Guidance and example planning for using this resource is here.