Expected Set 10: Vowels oo.ar
Introducing vowel sounds: oo as in look & ar as in car
This is Set 10 of the expected level for the Foundation Stage.
This set introduces children to more vowel sounds. The sounds are placed in the context of words that use the phonemes children have learned in the previous sets.
- Exploration of the sounds including mouth shapes
- Breakdown of the letter shapes
- Variations of letter shapes for print and handwriting
- Examples of words that can be made using only phonemes that have been previously taught
- Discussion prompts about using those words in spoken sentences
- Word Line activity
- Letter Sound and Shape sheets for interventions and support
- Flashcards with sound symbols
- Word Maker sheets
Guidance and example planning for using this resource is here.