Complete Expected Phonics
Complete Expected Phonics for 4-6 year olds
This includes 12 sets of weekly teaching resources for introducing children to all the letters and sounds they are expected to learn at age 4-6 (Foundation Stage) and 2 sets of initial consolidation activities (total of 14 weeks activities).
Each set includes:
- Exploration of the sounds including mouth shapes
- Breakdown of the letter shapes
- Variations of letter shapes for print and handwriting
- Examples of words that can be made using only phonemes that have been previously taught
- Discussion prompts about using those words in spoken sentences
- Word Line activity
- Letter Sound and Shape sheets for interventions and support
- Flashcards with sound symbols
- Word Maker sheets
With Word Wizard Phonics children examine deconstructed letter shapes to help build their muscle memory. They explore sounds, rhythms and patterns of spoken language to build their spoken vocabulary and grammar. Each new letter they are taught is placed in the context of words featuring letters they have previously learned to progressively consolidate their learning.
Guidance and example planning for using every resource in each set is available here.
Details of ordering individual sets are here.