Advanced Set 4: Vowels ea.e.oo
Introducing vowel sounds: ea as in leaf, e as in she & oo as in moon
This is Set 4 of the Advanced Level for the Foundation Stage. It is also suitable for Year/Grade 1.
The advanced phonics sets introduce new spellings and provide additional consolidation for the letters and sounds taught to children in the Expected Level.
- Exploration of the sounds including mouth shapes
- Breakdown of the letter shapes
- Variations of letter shapes for print and handwriting
- Examples of words that can be made using only phonemes that have been previously taught
- Discussion prompts about using those words in spoken sentences
- Word Line activity
- Letter Sound and Shape sheets for interventions and support
- Flashcards with sound symbols
- Word Maker sheets
Guidance and example planning for using this resource is here.