Phonics Refresher Vowels 5: air, are, ir, ur
Vowel Revision/Refresher Activities
Ideal revision for children that have completed the Advanced levels at the Foundation Stage and as a refresher for children at the beginning of Year 1/Grade 1.
40 activity pages to revise or refresh the following vowel sounds:
- air as in hair
- are as in care
- ir as in stir
- ur as in burn
Activity pages can be compiled as an individual workbook (perfect for sending home) or print them off for children to select sheets at random to have a go at in the classroom.
- Trace the sounds and words with the sound
- Find words with the sound in the word search puzzles
- How many words can you make using the letters in the spell maker?
- Use crayons to identify different sounds on the Rainbow sheets
- Make a word dice and then see which word comes first with the Wizard’s Word Race
- How many words can you think of with each vowel sound?
- Draw a picture to match the word
- Put the words into the relevant magic pot
- Cut out the words and sort them into the appropriate columns
- Complete the sentences with the correct word
Also includes a Spelling Wizard certificate