Level 6 Sentence Writing: Speech Marks
Using Inverted Commas
The Punctuation Monsters help you learn to use inverted commas for direct speech in sentences. Featuring easy to understand step-by-step guidance including:
- how to write inverted commas
- different names for inverted commas
- using other punctuation with inverted commas
- ideas for alternatives to using the word ‘said’
Advanced learning (for more able children):
- understanding direct and indirect speech
- reporting clauses
- using alternative closing punctuation
- using quotes within inverted commas
Have a go at forming sentences with the editable challenges including unpunctuated sentences to rewrite.
Complete the writing workbook featuring sentence writing challenges, cut and paste sentences and draw your own punctuation monsters.
Design your own punctuation monster.
Includes the Level 6 Sentence Writing certificate.